Wednesday 4 July 2007

It's only Words (&music & comedy)

Today is going to be a busy day, a telephone conference this morning and a meeting lasting most of this afternoon. Should make day go quickly, so not all bad.
It’s my first teleconference, so I feel nervous even though I know it’s no big deal. After all it’s just several people sharing a phone call.
I think it’s the fact that it’s for a big project and the objective is to allocate names to tasks, my job will therefore be to avoid being “delegated” with too much and understanding the who, the why the what and when of it all.
A little nerves is not a bad thing, it means I am thinking about the task even sub consciously.

Post Telecon
Survived intact and quite proud that, although identified to a number of tasks, I seemed to be more assertive than some of the participants from our side. Good job somebody sounds like they know what they are doing. Only the afternoon meeting to go. That’s going to be an important one, it’s about maintaining my status/pay, something called Job Evaluation.

The Gym
Lat nights gym session was good, though I did more aerobic exercise 2km (about 1.25 miles) on cross trainer in 8 minutes mingled in with isometric (weights/machines) excercises. Unfortunately, cos not used to as much aerobic exercise, perspired more than usual . Not an attractive sight but fortunately carry a small towel so others do not have to suffer.
When I was really aerobically fit I could do 30 minutes on a cross trainer and hardly perspire, but then I did no weights so I guess you have to keep mixing it up.

Hot stuff
Is it just me or has anyone else had trouble sleeping the last couple of nights? Despite the weather I have had to have a ceiling fan on to stay cool. I conclude I must be hot stuff lol.


You can’t beat a bit of oral
There’s going to be a new show based on song lyric’s, Sing it Back. Not sure if I’ll watch, but it sounds good.
One of the reasons I like the chillie Peppers (hence blog title) is their use of lyric’s. The twists and turns are so clever.
If ever I was green eyed it’s can use language creatively, be they singers/songwriters, comedians or poet’s.
p.s I do not include sales men, yes they can use language but that is with the intention of permanently depriving us of our hard earned cash.

Overplay
On the subject of music, if I hear the Hoxtons-Generator one more time I will scream.
Radio one has been playing it everyday, sometimes two or three times and like NYC beats, it’s now getting on me nerves.

Johnny Vegas
Overweight, looks like he never has a shave but he is so… so funny i.e. On The F Word last nigh,t telling Gordon that they have Gordon Ramsey parties where they all sit round and tell each other to F*** Off! Or when playin Mos he said “it’s like having the builders in, you know things have been moved you just can’t tell if any actual work has been done”.

Tonight we might go to cinema, ‘Shrek the third’ looks like it could be the best bet. I might need a goof laf by then.

You will by now have noticed I have taken to using sub headers, it’s to help you skip any boring bits and more importantly, help put very disjointed items on the same page without having to think of a reasonable link to help it flow.

Yes I am lazy, or as I prefer to look at it efficient.
(Objective achieved with minimal effort)

I will leave the subject of quality to those discearing readers who take time to visit.
Once again I thank you for popping in and leaving comments.
Take care

No comments: