Thursday 5 July 2007

Fun, Langauge and Dating

Too tired
You may know the feeling, the I can’t be asked
Well that’s how it was last night. Too tired to go to Cinema but sat and watched the ladies Tennis.
Too enthrawled to let the drooping eyelids close.
So pleased Justine won. Even though have no proof ,feel that Sabrina used gamesmanship in previous match.

Missing all the fun
When I got back from yesterday’s meeting there was a plastic glass of what I thought was cloudy water on my desk.
Naturally I thought one of the team had got a round in and left it for me.
Little did I realise it started out as a glass of pseudo champagne from the team opposite having a celebration of their performance over the past 12 months.
It was only about half hour late, when someone walked by quickly and the resulting draught brought the sweet smell of fruit to my attention, then I realised.
Unfortunately it was too late in day to consume but I appreciated the thoughtfulness of the two (female) officers from the opposite team who thought we should not be left out of the celebrations.

Central Line Derailment
One method for staying cheerful is to appreciate your life and how more fortunate you are than others, on a daily basis.
I can only imagewhat ran through the minds of passenger on this mornings tube. On a more balanced note,the Muslim calling for British troop s to be sent home in body bags has been found guilty of inciting murder.

Second Language
One of the questions in yesterday’s meeting was do I have to use a second language. The Interviewer then went on to comment that in several parts of the country English,is not the primary language.
Lying awake at 6 this morning,a cracking responcse to that comment came to me…….

“innit tho” lol , lol. (o.k. I thought it was funny)


Woody Allen
The American comedian once made a joke that “ self pleasuring is sex with someone you love and you don’t have to take your hand out to dinner afterwards and talk about it’s problems”.
This was over 20 yrs ago and at a time when it was difficult to appreciate the humour without knowledge of American culture. Today we have caught up with American trends and it easier to see what he meant by going out to dinner and talking about problems. As Lihorney testifies in her blog, dating is a minefield, however the addadge is, if you don’t buy a ticket you cannot win the lottery.
The odds of winning the lottery jackpot were once quoted as the same as having aliens land in your back garden.
Holding this to be true and bearing in mind there are alledgedly lottery jackpot winners ( don’t know any) then aliens exist.

What do you think aliens would make of dating? Do you think they have tried it and the experience has put them off ever making contact again?

Perhaps I have read too much Douglas Adams or the team have been sneaking things into my coffee
(pro plus I hope!).

Expect I will visit my Valhalla later , all being well.
If not, I will enjoy the rest and find more reasons to smile at life in general.
Take care & be happy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL again yes I beleive in aliens I have dated about 10 of them so far and had countless encounters via mobiles!!! I think the universe is far to big to be all on our tod, but they probably have seen the hash we have made of dating and are finding it too funny to intervene. As for not being able to sniff out the bubbly well shame on you!!! theres no excuse and you need to get into training so this unfortunate incident doesn't happen again...X